L-Systems Generation and Painting App
A downloadable tool for Windows and Linux
This application is a tool to create and paint L-System in a fully interactive and dynamic way.
"But," you'll say, "why yet another app for L-System? There's a lot of them, and it gets old quickly..."
Thanks for asking the question! Here's why and how this app is different:
- Fully-interactive: every change done through the interface is immediately visible on the fractal.
- Rich system of painting: there's a lot of way to paint the tree thanks to painters: linearly, randomly, according to the branches, etc... Everything with arbitrary gradient. And you can have nested painters, for maximum control.
- Saving and Loading: the L-Systems can be saved and loaded. Around 40 of them are present in the saves.zip files, please take a look!
- Exporting: you can export the trees a .png files. Huge png files, according to you GPU, like 16 or 32 kilo pixels images!
- Fast: The app is in C++, so it is fast enough for real-time interactive "medium-size" L-Systems. Medium-size meaning thousands of branches! You can of course go bigger, but your RAM and CPU may die...
This app is currently in a almost-done beta release: open to everyone, but there may be some bugs fixing and interface polishing to do. Don't hesitate to do feedbacks!
Oh, and this is a libre and open-source app, you can see the code on GPL licence in this repo GitHub : https://github.com/Epholys/procgen
Windows: unzip and run lsys.exe
Linux: unzip, `chmod u+x lsys-x86_64.AppImage` and run the AppImage
Both: unzip saves.zip in the executable directory to have almost all of the weekly L-System